Your team's name is important. It's one of the first things people think of when they hear about your team. It's what you'll be known as when you're playing in tournaments and events. It's a big part of your team's identity.
How to Choose a Name for your Team
When you're choosing a team name, you want to make sure it's something that represents your team well. It should be something that's catchy and stands out from other teams.
Here are some tips for choosing a team name that doesn't end in "s":
- Think about your team's style. Do you want a name that's edgy and cool? Or something that's more classic and timeless?
- Consider your team's colours. You want a name that goes well with your team's colours.
- Make sure the name is easy to pronounce and spell. You don't want a name that's too complicated.
- Avoid using inside jokes. While it might be funny to you and your teammates, it might not be so funny to everyone else.
There are plenty of ways to make your team name unique, and adding your city's name to the beginning is one of them. Check out these examples for inspiration:
The Stoney Creek Battalion
The Burlington Wet Sox
The Hamilton Wrecking Crew
When coming up with a name for your team, the options are limitless! But if you're looking for something unique, a name that doesn't end in "S" is a great place to start. Check out our list for Hockey, Volleyball and Slo-Pitch team names that don't end in S, and other team name suggestions that would work for any sport.
Volleyball team names that don’t end in S:
- Bomb Squad
- Serve it Up
- Soft Serve
- You can have an ice cream cone mascot on your custom jerseys, or perhaps a waffle cone with a volleyball as the ice cream. Get creative, and start your custom logo design here.
Hockey team names that don’t end in S:
- Inspired by the Colorado Avalanche. Check out our post on Pro Sports Teams for a full list of NHL & CHL teams that don’t end in S.
- Release the Kraken
- Pucks & Recreation
Slo-Pitch team names that don’t end in S:
|Bat Attitude||Bunt Force Trauma||Catchers In The Rye|
|Caught Looking||Drop the Base||Glove Actually|
|Hit Squad||Home Sweet Home||McGlovin|
|No Bunts Intended||Runners Stranded||Sandlot|
|Sultans of Swing||The Good, The Bat & The Ugly||There’s No Base like Home|
|Wet Sox||Where My Pitches At?||Who’s On First?|
|Who’s Sittin’||Wool Sox||99 Problems but a Pitch Ain’t One|
Cool Team Names that Don’t End in S, for ALL sports:
2. Team Extreme
4. Last Pick
- Nobody wants to be picked last, but someone has to be! Also a great name for a last minute team. If you’re looking for more last minute team name ideas, check out this post with our Top 25 picks.
5. Nerves of Steel
6. The Better Team
7. No Mercy
8. Select Few
9. The Wolfpack
- This team name we’d recommend for Baseball, Softball, Slo-Pitch and Hockey.
11. Mission Impossible
12. Sofa King Awesome
13. Beast Mode
14. Wrecking Crew
15. Second Place Is Not An Option
16. Mission Impossible
19. Wasted Potential
21. Hurts Donut
25. Brute Force
When it comes to choosing a team name, there are a lot of factors to consider. But if you're looking for something unique, a name that doesn't end in "S" is a great place to start. With so many options out there, you're sure to find a name that represents you and your players well.